Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lots of Birthdays...

I need lots of birthday cards for June and July. Here is one I made using another Hero Arts set. It was quick and easy.  I stamped the candles, colored with Copics and cut them out. Then I ran a piece of Basic Grey paper through the Cuttlebug to emboss it, distressed it a bit with some Tim Holtz ink and pasted it on the card. Then added the candles. Easy peasy and I'm done. I thought that this card was too simple to submit for the HA challenge, so I passed. Anyway, thanks for looking. Hope you have a great weekend!



supplies: Hero Arts stamps, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Tim Holtz distress inks

7 comments:

  1. You must know a lot of Cancers & Geminis, if you need birthday cards for people in June and July. LoL... My birthday is in July too!
    Very cute card. I don't think it's too plain. I think it's fun! I like the embossed strip you added at the bottom. That's a nice touch! And great colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, it's so nice to see ideas for simple cards for when you need a bunch of them! This one turned out so cute! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love the bright celebratory colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo cute! Love the big and fun candles! You should enter it anyway!! Simple and clean is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these big, bright candles! I hope you changed your mind and submit this for the challenge - it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable, Kathy! Love the big candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! I'm now a follower of your blog.....finally! Love your card and the simplicity of those large candles! June is a busy birthday month for our family, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments!