Friday, July 16, 2010

Special...

Hello! Just a quick post for today. I made this card for my sweet niece, Megan. I don't get to see her very often (she lives a few hours from us) so I like to send her a card every now and again to let her know how much she means to me.

I used Papertrey Ink's cloud die cuts (distressed with TH inks) and their balloon stamp (colored with Copics). I just LOVE the clouds and balloons from Papertrey. And I used a sentiment from Hero Arts. I put it on 2 lines instead of 1. I didn't cut the clear stamp though, I just inked each part. I dont' know why, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to cut any of my clear stamps.  :)  I also used an EK Success border punch and then used TH distress ink to give the grassy "hills" some dimension.



Hope you have a great weeked. Yippee, it's Friday!!  Thanks for dropping by!

supplies: Papertrey Ink stamp and Die (clouds), Hero Arts stamp (sentiment), EK Success border punch, TH Distress Inks, JoAnn Craft Essential notecard

7 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest thing! I know what you mean about the clouds die cuts..have been meaning to purchase it for a while now, they make the cutest shape! Love the colorful balloon...Megan will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Kathy! All the details really show through in this card and how much you care about your niece! She will love THIS! And oh...you are not alone about cutting clear stamps,I just don't have the heart to cut them, either. I managed to use part of it when needed ;) Whatever works, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Kathy! LOL, I did the same thing as far as sentiment. I have a hard time cutting them apart, so I just ink it twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Kathy! I love this set from PTI as well. I do not own it, but have been eyeing it for sure. Your coloring is wonderful. The balloon looks so beautiful against the blue background and distressed grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Kathy! I love your clouds in that beautiful sky! The hot air balloon is colored perfectly! Such bright, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kathy! What a PERFECT use for that border punch! And I love the hot air balloon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments!